Lesson 4 Hebrews 4:12~13 God's Word - Be Rooted in the Word
[Introduction] God's Word must become our springboard.
1. Hebrews 4:12 - God's Word is living and active.
2. Isaiah 40:8 - God's Word will stand forever.
3. 2 Timothy 3:16~17 - The Bible is the perfect book which is recorded by God's inspiration.
4. Romans 15:4 - It was written for our instruction.
5. 1 Corinthians 10:11 - It was written down for our instruction as we face the end of the ages.
6. Revelation 1:1~3 - It is the book which records the events of the past, present, and future.
[Main] Understand God's Word
1. Gospel - salvation (root)
The core of the Bible is to tell us not to perish but receive salvation.
And that we be deeply rooted in the Gospel, which is the mystery of salvation.
1) Ram (Genesis 22:1~20) - a ram instead of Isaac
2) Slavery (Exodus 3:18) - blood sacrifice
3) Captivity (Isaiah 7:14) - Immanuel
4) Colonization (Matthew 16:13~16) - "You are the Christ, the Son of living God."
5) The Medieval church (Romans 1:17) - "The righteous shall live by faith."
6) Great awakening movements in Germany and the United States. - John Wesley and Moody
7) Now - Carry out the Remnant movement that is rooted in the Gospel.
2. What is spiritual knowledge and spiritual problems?
1) Hosea 4:6 - "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge; because you have rejected knowledge, I reject you from being a priest to me. And since you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children."
2) Why do disasters continue to come?
3) Why do spiritual problems come? - people are destroyed for lack of knowledge of the mystery of God.
4) There is a spiritual being causing spiritual problems.
(1) The Bible records that God gave His children the authority to drive out demons.
(2) Only the Bible reveals Satan's schemes.
3. Life - How must we live?
1) The Bible has the solution to all things.
2) It has the direction for all things.
3) it has the expertise as to how to succeed in all things.
4. The Bible has the 20 biblical evangelism strategies.
1) Have the 20 Biblical Evangelism Strategies as your vision
2) Then answers will come
3) Just move according to the answers.
5. The day will come when you are in alignment with God's Word
1) The pulpit message and
2) you and
3) the field will be aligned.
When the israelites crossed the Jordan River, God told them to follow the a word of the covenant. This means to follow the Word of God.
[Conclusion] A person who has God's Word as his foundation of faith
1. interpretation - When you see all things with the eyes of the Gospel, you gain the power of the Gospel
2. Eyes - When you see all things with the eyes of evangelism, you gain the power of evangelism.
3. When you see all things with the eyes of prayer, you gain the power of prayer.