Lesson 5 1 Corinthians 3:16~23 God's Temple - Understanding Your Saved Self and the Church
Regardless of how weak or lacking a saved child of God may be, he is God's temple. This is because God's Holy Spirit lives within him. If you place gold inside a useless vessel, it becomes a vessel of gold, and no matter how expensive or a precious a vessel may be, if it contains rubbish, it becomes a rubbish bin. No matter how renowned a person may be, if he is not saved, the Holy Spirit does not dwell within, and he is not the temple of God. Conversely, no matter how lacking a saved person may be, the Holy Spirit dwells within him.
1. Who are you now that you are saved? - God's temple and the church
1) 1 Corinthians 3:16 - God's temple
(1) Restoration of Genesis 1:27
(2) Fulfillment of Genesis 3:15
(3) Fulfillment of Genesis 6:14
(4) Fulfillment of Exodus 3:18~20
(5) Fulfillment of Isaiah 6:1~13
(6) Fulfillment of Isaiah 7:14
(7) Matthew 16:16 - Matthew 16:17~19
2) Matthew 18:18~20 - The place where the saved people of God gather together is the church.
(1) Exodus 6:1~14:13 - Miracles arose when the people of israel become one.
(2) Joshua 3:1~4:14 (Jordan), 6:1~27 (Jericho)
(3) Esther 4:1~16 - prayed together in one heart
(4) Acts 2:1~13 - the saved gathered
3) The field where the saved go is the church
(1) Genesis 39:1~6 - God worked in the field where Joseph was.
(2) Daniel 6:10~22 - God worked in the field where Daniel prayed.
(3) Acts 18:1~4 - Corinth was the most blessed field
4) Sanctuary - The place where the saved gather together to worship is the church.
(1) Acts 2:1~47 - the Early Church
(2) Acts 11:19~30 - the Antioch Church
(3) The sanctuary where the people of Romans 16 gathered together is the church.
5) Heaven is also the church.
(1) Philippians 3:20 - Live while enjoying the background of Heaven.
(2) Revelation 21:1~22:21 - The coming Heaven is also the church.
2. The worth of the saved
1) God's greatest interest is His saved child
(1) Genesis 13:14 - Abraham
(2) Genesis 45:1~5 - Joseph
(3) Acts 2:1~13 - people with the Gospel who gathered
(4) Acts 7:1~60 Stephen
(5) Acts 11:19 the Antioch Church
(6) Acts 27:24 Paul
2) Do not do other things
Psalms 81:1~12 - God said to look to and listen to him.
(1) Matthew 16:13~15 - Problems come because people take other paths.
(2) Must receive the Holy Spirit guidance.
(3) Must receive the filling of the Holy Spirit to overcome ourselves, Satan, and the world.
3) Philippians 3:1~20 - Paul confessed that he uncovered what was of the greatest value.
3. The status that overcomes the enemy
1) Ephesians 2:1~6
(1) Ephesians 2:1 - "You were dead in the trespasses and sins."
(2) Ephesians 2:2 - the prince of the power of the air (the enemy the devil)
(3) Ephesians 2:6 - set free from the authority of Hell
2) John 8:44 - The forces of Satan cannot overcome the saved.
(1) Luke 10:19 - "I have given you the authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing can hurt you."
(2) Mark 3:15 - "and have authority to cast out demons"
(3) Mark 16:15~20 - "in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them, they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover."
(4) Acts 13,16,19 - Sorcery, divination, idolatry, and all forces of darkness knelt before the name of Jesus.
3) Change of status
(1) John 1:12 God's child
(2) Romans 8:2 - set free from the law of sin and death
(3) Romans 8:12~17 - the Spirit of sonship
(4) John 8:32 - "You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free."
4) Ephesians 6:10~20 - the mission to triumph in spiritual battle
4. How should we pray?
1) What to confirm before praying
(1) The people of the Bible and church history - Even though they had many hardships, they triumphed.
(2) Repentance - Discover God's plan, as you realize your own wrongdoing.
2) Pray with your status
(1) 3 status given by God - Because the Holy Spirit is with us, pray for the Holy Spirit's guidance, and filling of the Holy Spirit.
(2) 4 blessings given by God - heavenly army, binding the forces of darkness, God's kingdom, disciples who save people
3) Pray with the valuable blessings(received blessing) given by God.
(1) Field - God will give blessings in each field we go to.
(2) Incident - Receive the filling of the Holy Spirit in each incident.
4) Pray with the mission given by God
- Pray with the authority as a child of God and the privilege of defeating the enemy in the name of Jesus Christ
(1) Scheduled prayer
(2) Continuous prayer