June 14, 2020
“Breastpiece engraved with the 12 tribe names” (Ex 39:8-21)
What Word you hold on to right now will determine your future. The thoughts you harbor now have the strongest correlation with your future. What kind of Word must we hold on to today?
99.9% of the people that I’ve seen compare themselves with others.
Through that, invisible problems come to them. Today, God is giving us an important Word. He says to build the temple as the Israelites are walking through the wilderness. He tells the priest to keep the lampstands lit there. The servants of the Lord must remember this. God gives us an important message in today’s Scripture reading. It’s not simply serving God; He says to wear the ephod (priest’s garments). He also says to wear the breastpiece. He also instructs them to engrave the jewels of the breastpiece with the names of the 12 tribes and to constantly pray for the tribes. Even if you are in the midst of failure, all it takes is for God to work 5 minutes.
Why does God tell us not to compare ourselves with others and not to fall into discouragement? Yours is a different status. You just need to know the 7 prayers.
1) Covenantal prayer - Whenever you meet with any situation, find the solution and receive your answer through the Word of God. Wherever you are, pray the prayer to hold on to the covenant.
2) Worship prayer - Ps 100:4, Da 6:10, Ac 1:14, They gathered, moved by the grace of God.
3) Scheduled worship - They scattered and opened their door to pray facing the tabernacle. (With, Immanuel, Oneness)
4) 24 prayer - In the wilderness, move centered on the tabernacle.
5) 25 prayer - God’s kingdom. Enjoy that background.
6) Future prayer for eternity - Though they were walking through the wilderness, they were going toward the future called eternity.
7) Prayer to change what is absolutely impossible into what is absolutely possible.
Main Message - Today’s passage explains your value.
1. You are as precious as jewels ? Life-saving treasure
These gems contain a mystery. Jewels are one’s property, but they also contain a mystery. These gems were life-saving stones. You are individuals like that.
2. Individuals who are always and eternally remembered
Engrave the names of the 12 tribes on the jewels of the breastpiece. You are individuals who will always and eternally be remembered. That is why each and every one of the people of God has their name recorded in heaven. The Israelites were walking through the desert, but this was not suffering; it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. This is what you must now realize.
3. Urim and Thummim - Grace to save people through the light God has given
The Urim (light) and Thummim (complete) of the breastpiece were used when issuing rulings and passing judgment. God will give you His light so that you can have the discernment and grace to completely save people. You have been called as individuals who will save the world.
God has given you a tremendous authority. You must now enjoy this authority. Finally, Rome evangelization! This is not something we can carry out with our power; it is through authority that this can be achieved. It is God’s will for you to do world evangelization. This cannot be blocked. You are within this covenant. Discover this status, that value, and this authority! Discard everything else and yearn for true grace before God. With that, stand as His witness. Find this blessing throughout this week.
Immanuel Presbyterian Church
Rev. Ryu Kwang-su
Translated by: Sora Han
Edited by: Brett Pazdur