"WHEN IS GOD'S POWER REVEALED?"
"Then Jesus came to them and said, 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and reaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of age'" (Matt 28:18-20)
You can realistically experience God's power and blessings, when you know who you are and who Jesus Christ is. It all begins when you understand where you came from, what you must do and where you are going.
1. FIRST, KEEP IN MIND 7 THINGS.
(1) Man was originally created in the image of God to live in fellowhip with God (Gen. 1:27)
Genesis 1:27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
(2) But because of Satan, that image was darkened and entered into a state of death (Gen. 3:1-10, Eph. 2:1-2, John 8:44)
Genesis 3:1-6 Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, "Has God indeed said, 'You shall not eat of every tree of the garden'?" 2 And the woman said to the serpent, "We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden; 3 "but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, 'You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.' " 4 Then the serpent said to the woman, "You will not surely die. 5 "For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." 6 So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that itwas pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate.
Ephesians 2:1-2 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience,
John 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.
(3) From that time on, failures, death, and suffering unceasingly came in (Gen. 3:11-20).
Genesis 3:16-19 To the woman He said: "I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception; In pain you shall bring forth children; Your desire shall be for your husband, And he shall rule over you." 17 Then to Adam He said, "Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat of it': "Cursed is the ground for your sake; In toil you shall eat of it All the days of your life. 18 Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you, And you shall eat the herb of the field. 19In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread Till you return to the ground, For out of it you were taken; For dust you are, And to dust you shall return.
(4) You live as a sojourner in this world, and then you will go to your home (heave or hell) (Luke 16:19-31)
Luke 16:22-23 "So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 "And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom
(5) God came to this world in the image of God to restore the image of God in man and to destroy the enemy (1 John 3:8).
1 John 3:8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.
(6) Jesus Christ is God and man (John 1:14, Phil 2:6-10)
John 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
Philippians 2:6-10 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,
(7) When you accept Jesus (life), all of your problems are resolved (Matt 11:28)
Matthew 11:28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
2. NOW YOU BEGIN TO FIGHT 3 BATTLES
(1) Battle against yourself. "If you know the Truth, the Truth will set you free" (John 8:32).
① Entrust your present circumstances to God and uncover His plan.
② Rather than your will, seek God’s perfect will (Lord's Prayer).
③ Rather than your plans, trust that God’s plan is perfect (Romans 8:28-29)
Romans 8:28-29 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to Hispurpose. 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.
④ Your own stubbornness and thinking are of no benefit to you.
⑤ You must completely surrender your whole self to the Lord (Gal. 2:20).
Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
⑥ The Truth is Jesus Christ, and He is Holy. Therefore, holy living makes you completely free.
(2) Battle against Satan who tries to deceive you in the last days.
① You cannot defeat Satan by your own strength but Jesus’ power can.
② John 1:12 states "rights" is given (John 1:12).
John 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:
③ Matthew28:18 states, “all authority in heaven and on earth” (Matt 28:18).
Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
④ Evil demons must obey Jesus’ authority (Mark 1:27).
Mark 1:27 Then they were all amazed, so that they questioned among themselves, saying, "What is this? What new doctrine is this? For with authority He commands even the unclean spirits, and they obey Him."
⑤ The reason Jesus appeared was to destroy the devil’s work (1 John 3:8)
⑥ Because the authority of answers to prayers is with the Lord (John 16:24).
John 16:24 Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.
(3) Battle against the world - receive the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
① John 14:6 states that the Counselor (Holy Spirit) will be with you forever (John 14:6)
John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
② John 14:26-27 states that the Holy Spirit will remind you of all things (John 14:26-27).
John 14:26-27 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. 27 "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
③ 1 John 2:20 states that you have received the anointing of the Holy Spirit and you know the Truth (1 John 2:20)
1 John 2:20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things.
④ Matthew12:28 states that where the Holy Spirit is. There is the Kingdom of God (Matt 12:28).
Matthew 12:28 But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.
⑤ Acts 1:8 states that you will receive power (Acts 1:8).
Acts 1:8 "But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."
3. WHEN DOES THE POWER OF GOD BEGIN TO WORK?
(1) The blessings began as soon as you became a child of God and resolved the problem of original sin.
(2) God’s power begins to appear when your consequential sins are resolved.
(3) Discover God’s will in the midst of hardships, persecutions, sickness and frustrations.
(4) Discover God’s goal within your life.
(5) Seek out God’s greater purpose in the place where you are.
(6) When you pray for these things, God’s power comes upon you.
(7) You will be victorious when Jesus Christ is sufficient for you.
4. Healing – Mental disease
(1) Matt. 12:25-45 Matthew 12:29 Or how can one enter a strong man's house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house.
(2) Acts 16:16-18 Now it happened, as we went to prayer, that a certain slave girl possessed with a spirit of divination met us, who brought her masters much profit by fortune-telling. 17 This girl followed Paul and us, and cried out, saying, "These men are the servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to us the way of salvation." 18 And this she did for many days. But Paul, greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, "I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her." And he came out that very hour.
(3) Mark 5:1-10 Mark 5:2,8 And when He had come out of the boat, immediately there met Him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, 8 For He said to him, "Come out of the man, unclean spirit!"