Gospel Message - gospel letter 03 preached by Rev David H. Park
"HOW CAN YOU MEET GOD?"
John 14:6 Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me
1. God is Spirit.
(1) Because God is spirit, you cannot see Him with your physical eyes.
(2) Therefore, God is not limited by anyone or anything. Anything that is limited by the hands of man is not God. It is an idol and demons dwell within it (1 Cor.10:20)
1 Cor.10:20 Rather, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice they sacrifice to demons and not to God, and I do not want you to have fellowship with demons.
(3) Because God is spirit, He is Omnipresent.
(4) He is omniscient.
(5) He is omnipotent.
(6) Therefore, we call Him Jehovah (Yahweh)
(7) Because we are spiritual beings, salvation means meeting God, who is Spirit (Is. 40:18-31)
Is. 40:28-31 28 Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the LORD, The Creator of the ends of the earth, Neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. 29 He gives power to the weak, And to those who haveno might He increases strength. 30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall, 31 But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.
2. But we have a physical body,
(1) We cannot see God.
(2) Our spirit is limited within our physical body.
(3) Departing from our physical body is death.
(4) The opportunity for salvation is only while we are still in our physical body.(Luke 16:19-31).
Luke 16:19-31 There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day. 20"But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, 21 "desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 "So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 "And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 "Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.' 25 "But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. 26 'And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.'27 "Then he said, 'I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father's house, 28 'for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.' 29 "Abraham said to him, 'They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.' 30 "And he said, 'No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.'31 "But he said to him, 'If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.' "
3. The way to meet God.
(1) To save man, God, who is Spirit, came in the form of a man (John 1:14).
John 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
(2) Therefore, he has no sin and his spirit is the spirit of God.
(3) He is Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:45 And so it is written, "The first man Adam became a living being." The last Adambecame a life-giving spirit.
(4) Jesus has both divine and human nature (Matt 16:16-19).
① Messiah (Christ) - Savior, God
② Son of God – Came in human flesh
Matt. 16:16-19 Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." 17 Jesus answered and said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 "And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. 19 "And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."
(5) Receiving Jesus Christ is the way to meet God (John 1:12; Rev.3:20).
John 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:
Revelations 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.
(6) When you receive Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit comes to dwell in you. This is salvation (John 14:15, 26-27).
John 14:16, 26-27 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. 27 "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
(7) At this time, the power of Satan completely departs.
(8) Let's sincerely pray to receive Jesus.
Rom. 10:10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
4. Evidence that God is with you
(1) When the Holy Spirit comes dwell in you, He begins to lead you and daily guide on the road of sanctification (John 14:26-27)
(2) When you correctly receive God's Word, the Spirit guides you. .
① God’s word is living (Heb.4:12).
Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
② When you receive the Word, your spirit is revived (Ps. 119:25).
Ps. 119:25 My soul clings to the dust; Revive me according to Your word.
(3) When your sin is resolved, the Spirit guides you (Ps.66:18; Gal.5:16-18).
Ps. 66:18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, The Lord will not hear.
Gal. 5:16-18 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
(4) When you pray sincerely, persistently with a specific time and specific topic, you will experience God's power.
(5) Satan, who has lost hold of us, will try to hinder us by his demons. That’s why it says to be filled with the Holy Spirit (Eph.5:18). Eph.5:18 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit,
(6) Power is given when you are filled by the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:8).
You can win over:
① yourself ② the world ③ Satan
Acts 1:8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me inJerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.
(7) Doors of evangelism will open.
(8) The evidences that God is alive will appear.
(9) Can you understand John 14:6?
5. Healing - Anxiety
(1) Word, Breath of Life (Ez. 37:1-10)
Ezekiel 37:4-5 4 Again He said to me, "Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, 'O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD! 5 'Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones: "Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live.