Lesson 2 Ephesians 1:3~10, 15~19 God's Method - Jesus Christ
[Introduction] God's grace
1. God promised to give salvation to those who believe in Jesus Christ.
1) John 1:12
2) Romans 10:13
2. Even faith is God's gift - Ephesians 2:8
3. No one can confess that Christ is Lord unless by the work of the Holy Spirit (1Corinthians 12:3)
4. God's method is Jesus Christ (Romans 5:8)
1) Irrespective of how renowned an individual may be, he cannot resolve his ancestral sins, original sin, and actual sins.
2) Even though he is covered by the forces of darkness, he is not even aware of it.
3) We can neither be saved, nor meet God.
4) That is why God sent the Christ
[Main] Why is the walk of faith not properly taking place even after receiving salvation.
1. The reason why answers are not given after receiving salvation is because of the legalistic nature.
1) Unable to distinguish between legalism and the Gospel.
2) Unable to distinguish between religion and the Gospel.
(1) Matthew 17:1~9
(2) Acts 11:1~18
3) Therefore, the walk of faith is not taking place properly. The law was not destroyed, it was accomplished.
2. The reason why evengelism is not taking place even after believing in Jesus Christ is because of the carnal nature.
1) There must be an important experience.
(1) Jesus is the Christ
(2) Jesus Christ resurrected
(3) Jesus Christ is working by the Holy Spirit
(4) Jesus Christ is seated on the Throne of Heaven and governing the saints even now
(5) Evidence comes when you pray in the name of Jesus Christ
2) Pray the prayer of enjoying the 7 blessings of the believers within Christ
*7 blessings of the believers
God's child, Holy Spirit's guidance, answered prayer, binding Satan, heavenly hosts and armies, people of Heaven, world evangelization.
3) When you know the 6 states of the unbeliever
(1) You will know what the 7 blessings of the believer are.
(2) You will know the blessing of evangelism.
* 6 states of the unbeliever
Devil's child, idol worship, mental(heart and mind) problems, physical problems, afterlife problem, next-generation problem
4) Enjoy the 20 biblical evangelism strategies through prayer
(1) 5 basics - success
(2) 5 trainings(with) - continuing answers
(3) 5 systems - world evangelization, 10 million disciples
(5) 5 goals - the future
5) When you hold to the Gospel, all problems begin to be solved. When you enjoy the Gospel through prayer, evangelism begins to take place.
3. it is due to not having the Gospel nature
1) If you do not have the Gospel nature
(1) Spiritual problems are not solved
(2) There is no peace in life, but rather anxiety
(3) Become entangled in other things
(4) Ultimately, become ensnared by the spiritual problem again
2) Jesus Christ is God's method. Everything is within Jesus Christ.
3) If you have the Gospel nature, you will be able to praise, give thanks and pray just as Paul did.
(1) Paul declared, "praise the Lord" no matter what he faced (Ephesians 1:3)
(2) He gave thanks for the Gospel even amidst hardships (Ephesians 1:15~16)
[Conclusion] What must do to have the Gospel nature?
1. The Pharisee church, Medieval church, and the contemporary church have utterly failed due to being seized by the legalistic nature.
2. If you connect the 20 biblical evangelism strategies to prayer, you will succeed in all aspects (Matthew 6:33)
3. Paul completely had the Gospel nature
1) Philippians 1:12~21(20~21) - Even though he was imprisoned, he gave thanks to God because Christ was being exalted.
2) Philippians 4:4~13 - He said "rejoice in the Lord always."
3) Galatians 2:20 - Speaking of his conflict with Peter, he confessed his hope that this would not cause any harm to the Gospel.
4) Acts 20:1~27:24 - Paul voluntarily and willingly went to Rome.